Wednesday, July 7, 2010

About that time

Starting a blog mid year is a good excuse to list my favourite releases of 2010 to date.

Flying Lotus- Cosmogramma
Kinda obvious, but whatever, it's good.




The Roots - How I Got Over

9th album in and still staying true to their sound. I have to admit they did fall off for a minute, but this album really aint bad at all.



Onra- Long Distance
80s as fuck and I'm loving it. Shot Onra my Viet brother.



Gill Scott-Heron - I'm New Here
If you thought his track "The Bottle" (1974) was dark, wait til you hear this shit. His first album in 13 years and produced by XL label owner Richard Russell.



The Bottle, for your reference. And because it doesn't hurt to revise something so classic ;)





The Boats - Sleepy Insect Music
A one off collaboration between some guys I'm totally unfamiliar with, from labels I'm equally unfamiliar with, I was given this album by a friend who's good like that. Hooking me up with the goods by digging deeper than your average.



Bonobo- Black Sands
I love Bonobo. I just wish I could tell him.



Blockhead- The Music Scene
Blockhead came through!!! Didnt think he would to be honest. I hesitated putting on the album hoping like hell he didnt jump down the Diplo route (aka making an album dope as Florida and then, well you know the rest..)



Blockhead album sampler mixed by DK
http://soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/blockhead-the-music-scene-album-sampler-mixed-by-dk-1/download

Also, speaking of Blockhead, whats Aesop up to these days? A new one from him wouldn't hurt either.

Caribou- Swim
Lovely.




The Black keys - Brothers
Something about these guys I just love. The Blakroc collab album had some great moments, but the Black Keys in pure form is whats really up.




iTAL tEK - Midnight Colour
Took a while to grow on me, but the drop in BPM with this album is interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment